I hope everyone had a good holiday with friends and family. Although the holidays can be a hectic time of year, I hope you managed to enjoy some much-deserved time off. Now a New Year is upon us, which means new beginnings and getting back to work!
Speaking of getting back to work, I am looking forward to working on new initiatives to better serve constituents. One of these will be a 4 year budget, which we will start working on in January. This is the first time City Council will be approving a multi-year budget for 2016-2019. One of the major benefits is that it will give homeowners some peace of mind to know what to expect rather than it changing year over year.
I encourage you to get involved with the multi-year budget process! Here is how you can get invovled:
- Tweet to @CityofLdnOntor -#LdnBudget
- Like the Facebookpage and comment
- E-mail email@example.com
- Call Financial Planning and Policy at 519-661-4638
- Check out the online budget simular on January 11, 2016 when the budget will be tabled.
- Attend one of two Build a Budget Workshops (Saturday, January 16 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and Wednesday, January 20 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm).
- Book time with the City Treasurer for a budget presentation (Please contact Jon-Paul McGonigle at firstname.lastname@example.org call 519-661-2500 x 4789 to request a session).
- Attend the Public Participation Meeting on January 21, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. in Council Chambers.
For more information on the multi-year budget, click here.
There is now a new feature on my site: the “Report an Issue” section! If you know of any issues involving garbage collection, bylaw enforcement, hydro, snow removal, crime and law enforcement or road quality, you can report it directly on my website. I encourage you to use it!
The Springbank Dam has been coming up a lot in emails and phone calls from my constituents. I would like to encourage you to take the time to contact me with your thoughts.
Lastly, I wanted to remind everyone that the next Ward meeting will be taking place on Saturday, January 9th from 2:00-4:00 pm at Westmount Public Library. Please register using the eventbrite link. As always, I look forward to answering your questions and hearing about any issues you would like to raise. I have requested and confirmed that staff will be in attendance to discuss Rapid Transit (Shift) and the Back to the River project.
Call or Text: 226-927-0539
300 Dufferin Ave, Suite 314
LONDON ON N6A 4L9
Like me on facebook: www.facebook.com/vridley
Follow me on twitter: @virginia_ridley