Virginia Ridley was born and raised in London, Ontario. She is married to Matthew Ridley and they have two children, Andrew and Benjamin. The Ridley family live on Steeplechase Dr. in Westmount (Ward 10).
Virginia Ridley is no stranger to community activism. Virginia has volunteered since a young age in community activities. In 2013 Virginia decided to run for political office. She will often tell you that she is not a politician, just a mom and a community member who didn’t feel heard and wanted a better London. Virginia began her campaign the first day that nominations opened in 2014. Virginia has worked hard to keep her campaign promises, including hosting quarterly ward meetings, and returning all correspondence as soon as possible.
At City Hall, Virginia has been working hard on many issues, including working with the community to ensure that the municipality and community are consulted regarding the installation of CMBs (Community Mail Boxes), working with London residents who are International Medical Graduates (IMGs), and looking for ways to reduce speeds in residential communities and school zones.
Virginia is involved with the following Committees, Boards, Agencies, Commissions and other Organizations:
- Member, Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee
- Member, Civic Works Committee
- Member, Community and Protective Services Committee (Vice – Chair)
- Member, Dearness Home Committee of Management (Vice – Chair)
- Member, Elgin Area Primary Water Supply System Joint Board of Management
- Member, Lake Huron Primary Water Supply System Joint Board of Management
- Member, Museum London
- Member, Western Fair Association Programming Council
- Member, Governance Working Group (Chair)
When not in meetings or working for our community, Virginia enjoys spending time with her family, and being out and about in the community.