Virginia Ridley is running to be re-elected to represent Ward 10.
Virginia Ridley was born and raised in London, Ontario. She is married to Matthew Ridley and they have two children, Andrew and Benjamin. The Ridley family have lived on Steeplechase Dr. in Westmount (Ward 10) since 2009.
Virginia Ridley is no stranger to community activism. Virginia has volunteered since a young age in community activities. In 2013 Virginia decided to run for political office. She will often tell you that she is not a politician, just a mom and a community member who didn't feel heard and wanted a better London. Virginia began her first campaign the first day that nominations opened in 2014. Virginia has worked hard to keep her campaign promises, including hosting quarterly ward meetings, and returning all correspondence as soon as possible.
Virginia is involved with the following Committees, Boards, Agencies, Commissions and other Organizations:
- Member, Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee
- Member, Civic Works Committee (Chair)
- Member, Community and Protective Services Committee (Vice - Chair)
- Member, Ontario Good Roads Association Board of Directors
- Member, Ontario Good Roads Association Policy Committee (co-chair)
- Member, Ontario Good Roads Association Conference Planning Committee
- Member, Ontario Good Roads Association Gender Lens Committee
- Member, Dearness Home Committee of Management
- Member, Elgin Area Primary Water Supply System Joint Board of Management
- Member, Lake Huron Primary Water Supply System Joint Board of Management (Chair)
- Member, Museum London
- Member, Western Fair Association Programming Council
- Member, Governance Working Group (Chair)
- Member, Cranbrook Community Association
- Member, Forest Edge Community Club (Past President)
When not in meetings or working for our community, Virginia enjoys spending time with her family, and being out and about in the community.
Do you like this page?